E-3 Australian Special Occupation Visa

The E-3 is a non-immigrant visa that allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ a national of Australia in specialty occupations. A specialty occupation is an occupation that requires the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum, or a combination of education and work experience that are equivalent to the attainment of a bachelor’s degree. Therefore, the foreign worker must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and state licensure, if required to practice in that field. The E-3 visa is employer specific allowing the foreign worker to only work for the employer for which the visa was granted. In cases where the foreign worker finds another employer, a change of employer petition must be filed.

Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

-If you are a U.S. employer about to hire an Australian national, or if you are an Australian national, who was hired by a U.S. employer, we can make sure that all requirements are met in order to file for an E-3 visa.

-If you currently hold an E-3 visa, we can help you in filing for an extension, filing for a change of employer, and/or in adjusting your status to permanent resident.

-If you do not qualify for an E-3 visa, we can discuss your particular situation and determine if there are any other visas for which you may be eligible.