H-1B Specialty Worker Visa

The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa that allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. A specialty occupation is an occupation that requires the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum, or a combination of education and work experience that are equivalent to the attainment of a bachelor’s degree. Therefore, the foreign worker must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and state licensure, if required to practice in that field. The H-1B visa is employer specific allowing the foreign worker to only work for the employer for which the H-1B visa was granted. In cases where the foreign worker finds another employer, a change of employer petition must be filed.

Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

If you are a U.S. employer about to hire a foreign worker, or if you are a foreign worker, who was hired by a U.S. employer, we can make sure that all USCIS requirements are met and that there are current visa numbers available to file for an H-1B visa.


If you currently hold an H-1B visa, we can help you in filing for an extension, filing for a change of employer, and/or in adjusting your status to permanent U.S. resident.


If you do not qualify for an H-1B visa, we can discuss your particular situation and determine if there are any other visas for which you may be eligible.

Immigration Services

Family-Based Immigration

Employment Visas

Permanent Residency

U.S. Citizenship

(305) 672 - 5994

3440 Hollywood Blvd, Suite 415 - Hollywood, Florida 33021